The prosecution is due to open its case today in the trial of man accused of murdering 17-year-old Jayden Parkinson.
Ben Blakeley, of Christchurch Road, Reading, denies murdering the teenager last December, but has pleaded guilty to manslaughter and perverting the course of justice.
He and a 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons and who denies perverting the course of justice, will today appear at Oxford Crown Court and will hear a summary of the evidence against them.
Jayden’s body was found in a disturbed grave in the cemetery next to All Saints’ Church in Didcot on December 18.
Our top stories:
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival