A WOMAN was left with a black eye after she was grabbed and sexually assaulted by two men in an Oxford churchyard.
Police said the 18-year-old was walking through St James’ Cemetery between Beauchamp Lane and Church Hill Road, Cowley, at about 11.30pm on Friday.
Two men approached her before one of them grabbed her and the other sexually assaulted her, Det Con Gurinder Sangha said.
The woman suffered a black eye and scratches to her face and needed hospital treatment but has been discharged.
There is no description of the men yet, a police spokesman said.
Dc Sangha said: “I would like to appeal to anyone who may have seen anything suspicious in the area of St James’ Cemetery at about 11.30pm on Friday night to contact police.
“Your help might assist our inquiries, so if you do have any information please call us. We are conducting a thorough investigation into the offence.”
Anyone with information can call Dc Sangha on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay