Booker Prize winner Hilary Mantel was awarded an honorary degree in her absence yesterday.
Ms Mantel was unable to attend the ceremony at Oxford Brookes University due to illness.
In the morning, former Director of the Higher Education Policy Institute Bahram Bekhradnia was handed an honorary degree by the university, in Gipsy Lane.
Our top stories:
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK