A JURY has been selected in the trial of the man accused of murdering 17-year-old Jayden Parkinson.
Ben Blakeley, of Christchurch Road, Reading, has pleaded guilty to manslaughter and perverting the course of justice, but denies murdering the teenager.
He appeared at Oxford Crown Court yesterday alongside a 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons and who denies perverting the course of justice.
Jayden’s body was found at All Saints’ churchyard in Didcot on December 18 last year. Blakeley and his co-defendant are in custody. The jury will be sworn in on Monday.
Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes