A JURY has been selected in the trial of the man accused of murdering 17-year-old Jayden Parkinson.
Ben Blakeley, of Christchurch Road, Reading, has pleaded guilty to manslaughter and perverting the course of justice, but denies murdering the teenager.
He appeared at Oxford Crown Court yesterday alongside a 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons and who denies perverting the course of justice.
Jayden’s body was found at All Saints’ churchyard in Didcot on December 18 last year. Blakeley and his co-defendant are in custody. The jury will be sworn in on Monday.
Our top stories:
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today