SHOPPERS learned about making use of old clothes at a city centre event to celebrate Low Carbon Week.
The “upcycling” stall in Bonn Square was making bunting for a forthcoming music festival from everything from tea towels to old trousers.
It is on display at the Green-themed Tandem Festival at the Hill End Centre, near Farmoor, until tomorrow.
Food produced in the county and bike workshops also featured at Wednesday’s Bonn Square event. Co-organiser Jenny Carr said: “It was really good. There is a lot of interest in making something out of nothing.”
- Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes