SHOPPERS learned about making use of old clothes at a city centre event to celebrate Low Carbon Week.
The “upcycling” stall in Bonn Square was making bunting for a forthcoming music festival from everything from tea towels to old trousers.
It is on display at the Green-themed Tandem Festival at the Hill End Centre, near Farmoor, until tomorrow.
Food produced in the county and bike workshops also featured at Wednesday’s Bonn Square event. Co-organiser Jenny Carr said: “It was really good. There is a lot of interest in making something out of nothing.”
- Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year