SHOPPERS learned about making use of old clothes at a city centre event to celebrate Low Carbon Week.
The “upcycling” stall in Bonn Square was making bunting for a forthcoming music festival from everything from tea towels to old trousers.
It is on display at the Green-themed Tandem Festival at the Hill End Centre, near Farmoor, until tomorrow.
Food produced in the county and bike workshops also featured at Wednesday’s Bonn Square event. Co-organiser Jenny Carr said: “It was really good. There is a lot of interest in making something out of nothing.”
- Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit