SHOPPERS learned about making use of old clothes at a city centre event to celebrate Low Carbon Week.
The “upcycling” stall in Bonn Square was making bunting for a forthcoming music festival from everything from tea towels to old trousers.
It is on display at the Green-themed Tandem Festival at the Hill End Centre, near Farmoor, until tomorrow.
Food produced in the county and bike workshops also featured at Wednesday’s Bonn Square event. Co-organiser Jenny Carr said: “It was really good. There is a lot of interest in making something out of nothing.”
- Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community