FUNDS are being raised today for a disabled girl from Abingdon.
Seven-year-old Chanel Greenaway has multiple disabilities and can not walk or talk.
Her mother Tara Docherty contacted Didcot charity group the Thong Rangers to see if they could help to raise funds and members will stage a bucket collection in Abingdon town centre today, starting at about 11am.
Mum-of-five Miss Docherty said: “There were complications at Chanel’s birth so she can’t walk or talk, and her condition hasn’t been identified yet by the doctors.
“Chanel needs her own standing frame to help her to walk unaided and that could cost over £1,000.”
The Thong Rangers group was formed in 2000 and has raised more than £200,000 for good causes.
In recent years the group, led by Didcot binman Clifford Oakes, has organised fundraisers for individual families in the area who need help.
Mr Oakes said: “Tara got in touch with us about Chanel and we were happy to help with such a good cause.”
Our top stories:
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today