A NURSERY has demanded compensation measures after concerns a “monster” bridge is affecting its business.
Parents threatened to pull their children out of Childfirst Nursery, in Launton Road, Bicester, after the giant footbridge was built over the May 5 Bank Holiday weekend.
Manager Andrea Leonard said people can stand on the bridge and look into the play area and building, and a vegetable garden is now completely out of bounds to youngsters.
Mrs Leonard wants the rail organisation to pay for the over-looked area to be moved to the other side of the building. She was told it would cost £180,000. But Network Rail has so far refused the plan, and instead wants to erect a canopy and screening on the bridge costing about £260,000.
Mrs Leonard fears long-term the bridge could blight the business and said screening it would just mask the problem.
Oxfordshire County Council spokesman Martin Crabtree said: “The details of the layout, scale, appearance and external materials also have to be submitted to the Local Planning Authority and approved.
Network Rail is in discussions with both Cherwell and Oxfordshire councils.”
- A meeting between all parties was due to take place on Thursday to discuss concerns.
Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay