PERHAPS more people should own their own road. The group in Poplar Road, Botley, get to take matters into their own hands.
Rather than being frustrated by the state of potholes in their street and expecting the local authority to do something about it, they kit themselves out with sand and gravel and do it themselves.
It is also a great show of community spirit and encourages activities like street parties and barbecues.
Though given the state of some of the county roads, perhaps it is a good thing we all don’t have to fix their surfaces, else we might be labouring a long time.
Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech