PERHAPS more people should own their own road. The group in Poplar Road, Botley, get to take matters into their own hands.
Rather than being frustrated by the state of potholes in their street and expecting the local authority to do something about it, they kit themselves out with sand and gravel and do it themselves.
It is also a great show of community spirit and encourages activities like street parties and barbecues.
Though given the state of some of the county roads, perhaps it is a good thing we all don’t have to fix their surfaces, else we might be labouring a long time.
Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay