PERHAPS more people should own their own road. The group in Poplar Road, Botley, get to take matters into their own hands.
Rather than being frustrated by the state of potholes in their street and expecting the local authority to do something about it, they kit themselves out with sand and gravel and do it themselves.
It is also a great show of community spirit and encourages activities like street parties and barbecues.
Though given the state of some of the county roads, perhaps it is a good thing we all don’t have to fix their surfaces, else we might be labouring a long time.
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year