THEY certainly weren’t Noddy and Big Ears, but they still brought smiles in their red and yellow car.
Shoppers in Oxford city centre were shocked to see a mechanic and museum worker in a motorised toy vehicle heading down the road.
Mechanic John Bitmead brought his life-sized model of a Little Tikes car – his ‘cozy coupe’ – to The Story Museum, in Pembroke Street, yesterday.
It advertised a workshop writer Clara Vulliamy will hold with children there on June 28, about the adventures her characters Dixie and Percy get up to in a red convertible.
Alex Coke, the museum’s marketing officer, said: “We drove around and hopefully we got everyone smiling a little bit more – it was a smile on wheels.”
Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay