THEY certainly weren’t Noddy and Big Ears, but they still brought smiles in their red and yellow car.
Shoppers in Oxford city centre were shocked to see a mechanic and museum worker in a motorised toy vehicle heading down the road.
Mechanic John Bitmead brought his life-sized model of a Little Tikes car – his ‘cozy coupe’ – to The Story Museum, in Pembroke Street, yesterday.
It advertised a workshop writer Clara Vulliamy will hold with children there on June 28, about the adventures her characters Dixie and Percy get up to in a red convertible.
Alex Coke, the museum’s marketing officer, said: “We drove around and hopefully we got everyone smiling a little bit more – it was a smile on wheels.”
Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit