THEY certainly weren’t Noddy and Big Ears, but they still brought smiles in their red and yellow car.
Shoppers in Oxford city centre were shocked to see a mechanic and museum worker in a motorised toy vehicle heading down the road.
Mechanic John Bitmead brought his life-sized model of a Little Tikes car – his ‘cozy coupe’ – to The Story Museum, in Pembroke Street, yesterday.
It advertised a workshop writer Clara Vulliamy will hold with children there on June 28, about the adventures her characters Dixie and Percy get up to in a red convertible.
Alex Coke, the museum’s marketing officer, said: “We drove around and hopefully we got everyone smiling a little bit more – it was a smile on wheels.”
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year