FIRE crews evacuated an old people's home as a fire raged along its roof.
They moved 20 elderly residents out of the care home after a fire in a boiler room spread to the building’s roof.
Firefighters from four fire stations - including Witney, Oxford Rewley Road, Burford and Eynsham - were called to the scene, at Ceder Couty Care Home in Moorland Road, Witney.
An Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said nobody was believed to be injured in the incident, which happened between 12.06pm and 3.55pm today.
Crews needed a hydraulic lift to take them up to the roof to put out the flames.
The cause has not yet been determined, but crews revisited the scene again later today and are said to be investigating.
- Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops