FIRE crews evacuated an old people's home as a fire raged along its roof.
They moved 20 elderly residents out of the care home after a fire in a boiler room spread to the building’s roof.
Firefighters from four fire stations - including Witney, Oxford Rewley Road, Burford and Eynsham - were called to the scene, at Ceder Couty Care Home in Moorland Road, Witney.
An Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said nobody was believed to be injured in the incident, which happened between 12.06pm and 3.55pm today.
Crews needed a hydraulic lift to take them up to the roof to put out the flames.
The cause has not yet been determined, but crews revisited the scene again later today and are said to be investigating.
- Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation