THERE are long delays on the M40 southbound at junction 6 this morning following a car fire.
The vehicle fire happened just before 11am and the motorway was initially closed. However, both lanes have now been reopened, although there are reports of queues back to Milton Common.
The exit slip road at junction 6 had been blocked off, but is now cleared.
Oxford Bus Company has diverted its services, although the airport services will still go to Lewknor Turn.
An Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said: “We got a call at 10.56am. Two crews attended from Thame and Witney.
"A car caught fire and an ambulance was called."
She added that it is believed a woman travelling in the car was being treated for shock at the scene.
Fire crews, who helped with recovering the car, have dealt with the incident and are returning to their bases.
- Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay