THERE are long delays on the M40 southbound at junction 6 this morning following a car fire.
The vehicle fire happened just before 11am and the motorway was initially closed. However, both lanes have now been reopened, although there are reports of queues back to Milton Common.
The exit slip road at junction 6 had been blocked off, but is now cleared.
Oxford Bus Company has diverted its services, although the airport services will still go to Lewknor Turn.
An Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said: “We got a call at 10.56am. Two crews attended from Thame and Witney.
"A car caught fire and an ambulance was called."
She added that it is believed a woman travelling in the car was being treated for shock at the scene.
Fire crews, who helped with recovering the car, have dealt with the incident and are returning to their bases.
- Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech