HOMES in Cowley left without power after last night's lightning storms should have electricity returned by early evening, suppliers say.
Some 140 homes in Cowley were hit by power cuts. Most have had their energy restored, but 20 properties are still waiting to be back on the grid.
Southern Electric Power spokeswoman Sam O'Connor said: "The ongoing fault was down to an overhead line that was damaged.
"Once that was repaired, engineers found an additional fault on an underground line that needed work. That is why some properties won't have power restored until early evening.
"We would like to take this opportunity to apologise to our customers."
- Our top stores:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops