HOMES in Cowley left without power after last night's lightning storms should have electricity returned by early evening, suppliers say.
Some 140 homes in Cowley were hit by power cuts. Most have had their energy restored, but 20 properties are still waiting to be back on the grid.
Southern Electric Power spokeswoman Sam O'Connor said: "The ongoing fault was down to an overhead line that was damaged.
"Once that was repaired, engineers found an additional fault on an underground line that needed work. That is why some properties won't have power restored until early evening.
"We would like to take this opportunity to apologise to our customers."
- Our top stores:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay