A CONTRACTOR has been appointed to build a major out-of-town retail park in Banbury.
McClaren will build the Banbury Gateway park at Wildmere Industrial Estate, near Junction 11 of the M40.
Work on the site is due to start in August and include Marks and Spencer, Next and Primark for a 2015 opening.
Owner LXB Retail Properties Plc has appointed McClaren to first demolish motorsport firm Prodrive’s site. Prodrive is to move to a site nearby at the end of July.
Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon