A CONTRACTOR has been appointed to build a major out-of-town retail park in Banbury.
McClaren will build the Banbury Gateway park at Wildmere Industrial Estate, near Junction 11 of the M40.
Work on the site is due to start in August and include Marks and Spencer, Next and Primark for a 2015 opening.
Owner LXB Retail Properties Plc has appointed McClaren to first demolish motorsport firm Prodrive’s site. Prodrive is to move to a site nearby at the end of July.
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year