HOLLYWOOD star Harrison Ford has reportedly been taken to Oxford’s John Radcliffe Hospital after being hit by a hydraulic door while filming the new Star Wars movie.
The 71-year-old was filming Star Wars: Episode VII at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire when he was hit by the falling door.
He was then taken to the Headington hospital by air ambulance with a suspected fracture to his ankle.
Lucasfilm has confirmed the actor had broken his ankle.
A spokesman for Thames Valley Police said: "We were called just after 5pm to reports of a 71-year-old man being injured in an incident believed to involve a garage door.
"The man was airlifted to John Radcliffe Hospital with injuries which are not believed to be life-threatening.
"The Health and Safety Executive is investigating."
A spokesman for franchise owner Disney, said: "Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII. He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care.
"Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates."
A spokeswoman for South Central Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 4.24pm to Pinewood to reports of a 71-year-old male who had sustained an injury to his ankle from a door that had fallen."
The latest Star Wars instalment began production last month, with original cast members of the Star Wars Trilogy Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher joining Ford, who plays Han Solo.
8:30am Monday 6th July 2015
SISTER Frances Dominica has yet to rule out returning to the hospices she founded despite being asked to leave following historical sexual abuse allegations, her lawyer has said.
9:12am Monday 6th July 2015
Traffic was at a standstill after two vehicles collided on the A4185 near Harwell this morning.
8:09am Monday 6th July 2015
FIREFIGHTERS tackle a blaze at a flat in Wood Farm last night.
7:00am Monday 6th July 2015
THOUSANDS of revellers poured into East Oxford yesterday to enjoy music, food and dance at the annual Cowley Road Carnival.
12:09am Sunday 5th July 2015
A WOMAN who went missing from her home yesterday has been found and reunited with her family.
8:55am Saturday 4th July 2015
HELEN and Douglas House founder Sister Frances Dominica has been told not to return to the hospices following allegations of historic sexual abuse, it was confirmed today.