DANCING Dalmatians and cavorting clowns are returning as the Giffords Circus rolls into Oxfordshire.
Yesterday was the first performance of this year’s Greek-themed tour at Blenheim Palace, Woodstock.
Performer Josephine Glover plays Medusa, and flies above the audience in the show, a trick she said was “a lot harder than she imagined”.
Shows run from Thursday to Monday, and will move to Waterperry Gardens near Wheatley next Thursday, Stadhampton village green on Thursday, June 26, Oxford’s University Parks on Thursday, July 3, and finally to The Fox Inn in Great Barrington, near Burford, on Thursday, July 17.
Tickets, priced between £14-22, are available for matinee and evening shows and can be bought at giffordscircus.com
• Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes