DANCING Dalmatians and cavorting clowns are returning as the Giffords Circus rolls into Oxfordshire.
Yesterday was the first performance of this year’s Greek-themed tour at Blenheim Palace, Woodstock.
Performer Josephine Glover plays Medusa, and flies above the audience in the show, a trick she said was “a lot harder than she imagined”.
Shows run from Thursday to Monday, and will move to Waterperry Gardens near Wheatley next Thursday, Stadhampton village green on Thursday, June 26, Oxford’s University Parks on Thursday, July 3, and finally to The Fox Inn in Great Barrington, near Burford, on Thursday, July 17.
Tickets, priced between £14-22, are available for matinee and evening shows and can be bought at giffordscircus.com
• Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit