A NEW awards scheme designed to recognise the achievements of businesswomen has been launched in Oxfordshire.
Nominations are flooding in for the NatWest Venus Awards after an opening event staged at the Malmaison Hotel in Oxford.
Awards founder Tara Howard said: “It really is inspiring to see how much support and enthusiasm there is for the awards and what a difference they can make.
“There are so many hard-working women in Oxfordshire who truly deserve to be celebrated for their remarkable contribution to local business.”
There are 14 categories in the competition including the Oxford Mail and Times Business Mother of the Year; the Jennings Inspirational Woman and the NatWest Small Business of the Year.
The Venus Awards was originally set up in 2009 and has been rolled out to eight different areas across the country.
The Oxford opening event took place on May 20 and saw sponsors and businesswomen attend.
Nominations can be made through the website oxfordshire.venusawards.co.uk
The closing date is July 15.
Finalists will be invited to attend an awards ceremony at the Oxford Belfry hotel in Milton Common on November 14.
- Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon