THE cast and crew of Banbury Cross Players’ production of Calendar Girls have been shortlisted for a national award.
The stars of the show were named in the top three for the Tim Firth Award for best amateur production at an afternoon tea with the original Calendar Girls whose tale inspired the play.
The players’ production was praised for raising funds for the Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research. The event in Harrogate celebrated amateur dramatic stage-show versions of the film, which has raised more than £100,000.
Director Clare Lester said: “Calendar Girls was so much a part of the lives and we are delighted our efforts on behalf of Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research were recognised in this way.”
• Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay