THE cast and crew of Banbury Cross Players’ production of Calendar Girls have been shortlisted for a national award.
The stars of the show were named in the top three for the Tim Firth Award for best amateur production at an afternoon tea with the original Calendar Girls whose tale inspired the play.
The players’ production was praised for raising funds for the Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research. The event in Harrogate celebrated amateur dramatic stage-show versions of the film, which has raised more than £100,000.
Director Clare Lester said: “Calendar Girls was so much a part of the lives and we are delighted our efforts on behalf of Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research were recognised in this way.”
• Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon