THE cast and crew of Banbury Cross Players’ production of Calendar Girls have been shortlisted for a national award.
The stars of the show were named in the top three for the Tim Firth Award for best amateur production at an afternoon tea with the original Calendar Girls whose tale inspired the play.
The players’ production was praised for raising funds for the Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research. The event in Harrogate celebrated amateur dramatic stage-show versions of the film, which has raised more than £100,000.
Director Clare Lester said: “Calendar Girls was so much a part of the lives and we are delighted our efforts on behalf of Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research were recognised in this way.”
• Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community