Driver charged over lorry crash on A40

Oxford Magistrates Court

Oxford Magistrates Court

First published in News

A 53-year-old has been charged with five offences following Sunday’s collision on the A40 at Headington.

Thomas Scanlon, of Stafford Road in Ruislip, Hillingdon, has been charged with using a motor vehicle on a road without third party insurance, aggravated vehicle taking and dangerous driving, driving a motor vehicle dangerously, driving a motor vehicle otherwise than in accordance with a licence and driving a motor vehicle when alcohol level above limit. He will appear at Oxford Magistrates’ Court on June 24.

Police said a red Astra was involved in the collision with two articulated lorries at about 7.30pm on the southbound carriageway heading east.

The lorry’s fuel tank was punctured, with 100 litres of diesel spilling on the road. The A40 was closed for two-and-a-hour hours.

Our top stories:

Mixed views on payments of bonuses to NHS bosses

Oxford Mail:

9:00am Thursday 2nd October 2014

EIGHT health bosses received between £85,000 and £125,000 in bonuses last year, latest figures show.

Temporary lights causing delays between Witney and Long Hanborough

Oxford Mail: Traffic Alert general

10:08am Thursday 2nd October 2014

DRIVERS are facing delays between Witney and Long Hanborough this morning.

Army says ‘sorry’ to para amputee bullying victim

Oxford Mail:

8:30am Thursday 2nd October 2014

THE Army has apologised after a paratrooper who lost three limbs in Afghanistan was bullied while working at RAF Brize Norton.

Move to Birmingham or be homeless, Syrian family told

Oxford Mail:

8:00am Thursday 2nd October 2014

MORE than 50 families have been relocated outside of the city so far this year, with Syrian refugees among the latest forced to move.

Community helps flood victims as looters strike

Oxford Mail:

7:00am Thursday 2nd October 2014

FLOOD victims left devastated after a water main burst in their street have rallied together in the aftermath of the disaster.

Memorial to Spanish civil war ‘would clutter up the square’

Oxford Mail:

6:30am Thursday 2nd October 2014

PLANS for a memorial to the Oxford residents who died in the Spanish civil war look to have hit a brick wall.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree