A jury will today hear evidence in the trial of a woman accused of murdering two children in an arson attack almost 17 years ago.
Fiaz Munshi, 38, is charged with the murder of eight-year-old Anum Khan on August 26, 1997, and 15-year-old Majid Khan on August 28, 1997. They died after the fire in Magdalen Road, Oxford.
Munshi, of Manley Road, Oldham, Lancashire, is in custody, and the prosecution case will today be opened at Oxford Crown Court.
Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon