A low-flying hot air balloon yesterday sparked a stir amongst commuters and dog walkers after it was seen landing in a Cowley field.
Some people believed the red Virgin balloon, carrying about a dozen passengers, was in trouble but pilot Mark Shemilt said it was an ordinary landing in Cowley Marsh Sports Field, off Gillians Way, early yesterday morning.
Mr Shemilt said they had originally intended to land in the field by Oxford Sports and Social Club in Roman Way but overshot the landing.
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year