A low-flying hot air balloon yesterday sparked a stir amongst commuters and dog walkers after it was seen landing in a Cowley field.
Some people believed the red Virgin balloon, carrying about a dozen passengers, was in trouble but pilot Mark Shemilt said it was an ordinary landing in Cowley Marsh Sports Field, off Gillians Way, early yesterday morning.
Mr Shemilt said they had originally intended to land in the field by Oxford Sports and Social Club in Roman Way but overshot the landing.
Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street