A low-flying hot air balloon yesterday sparked a stir amongst commuters and dog walkers after it was seen landing in a Cowley field.
Some people believed the red Virgin balloon, carrying about a dozen passengers, was in trouble but pilot Mark Shemilt said it was an ordinary landing in Cowley Marsh Sports Field, off Gillians Way, early yesterday morning.
Mr Shemilt said they had originally intended to land in the field by Oxford Sports and Social Club in Roman Way but overshot the landing.
Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay