A low-flying hot air balloon yesterday sparked a stir amongst commuters and dog walkers after it was seen landing in a Cowley field.
Some people believed the red Virgin balloon, carrying about a dozen passengers, was in trouble but pilot Mark Shemilt said it was an ordinary landing in Cowley Marsh Sports Field, off Gillians Way, early yesterday morning.
Mr Shemilt said they had originally intended to land in the field by Oxford Sports and Social Club in Roman Way but overshot the landing.
Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community