A former Abingdon School pupil is walking from John O’Groats to Land’s End to raise money for a charity that helps children with cancer continue with their education.
Robert Noyes, 19, will set off on Sunday to walk the 1,216 miles in 61 days with his father David. They are hoping to raise £7,500 for the Emma Maltby Memorial Fund.
He said: “I know people who have cycled the route, and I wanted to try to walk it over the summer.
“I wanted to raise money for the charity because I’ve met Emma’s family and I think they’re really inspirational.
To donate, visit justgiving.com/Robert-Noyes
Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay