A former Abingdon School pupil is walking from John O’Groats to Land’s End to raise money for a charity that helps children with cancer continue with their education.
Robert Noyes, 19, will set off on Sunday to walk the 1,216 miles in 61 days with his father David. They are hoping to raise £7,500 for the Emma Maltby Memorial Fund.
He said: “I know people who have cycled the route, and I wanted to try to walk it over the summer.
“I wanted to raise money for the charity because I’ve met Emma’s family and I think they’re really inspirational.
To donate, visit justgiving.com/Robert-Noyes
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year