A former Abingdon School pupil is walking from John O’Groats to Land’s End to raise money for a charity that helps children with cancer continue with their education.
Robert Noyes, 19, will set off on Sunday to walk the 1,216 miles in 61 days with his father David. They are hoping to raise £7,500 for the Emma Maltby Memorial Fund.
He said: “I know people who have cycled the route, and I wanted to try to walk it over the summer.
“I wanted to raise money for the charity because I’ve met Emma’s family and I think they’re really inspirational.
To donate, visit justgiving.com/Robert-Noyes
Our top stories:
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community