A former Abingdon School pupil is walking from John O’Groats to Land’s End to raise money for a charity that helps children with cancer continue with their education.
Robert Noyes, 19, will set off on Sunday to walk the 1,216 miles in 61 days with his father David. They are hoping to raise £7,500 for the Emma Maltby Memorial Fund.
He said: “I know people who have cycled the route, and I wanted to try to walk it over the summer.
“I wanted to raise money for the charity because I’ve met Emma’s family and I think they’re really inspirational.
To donate, visit justgiving.com/Robert-Noyes
Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit