MOST weddings feature plenty of pastel dresses and groomsmen in black tie, but Iffley couple Chloe Horner and Tom Sharp decided to buck tradition by having a fancy dress wedding.
Guests arrived at the ceremony at Grove House eco-home in Iffley, on Saturday dressed as centaurs, Freddie Mercury and even Boy George.
Mrs Horner, owner of the Oxfork cafe in Magdalen Road, said: “I’d always wanted to do it. Weddings can be so formulaic and we knew a lot of our friends would be up for it, so we just did it.
“It was ‘fancy dress or dress fancy’, so we had quite a few people come in traditional dress.”
Mrs Horner, 36, also shunned the expected bridal garb. She said: “I’ve always quite fancied getting married in red, but I’m six months’ pregnant so finding a dress was quite an ordeal. I got one eventually and a friend made the veil.”
Technician Mr Sharp, 32, said: “I asked her if she was sure, but I thought it was a great idea. It’s a pretty good reflection of our relationship.”
Top News Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her