AN ELDERLY man was swindled by two conmen in Chipping Norton.
He was visited by the men at his home in West Street at about 4pm last Monday.
The conmen posed as cleaning products salesman before entering the man’s home and stealing cash from his kitchen, as well as his passport.
Police are investigating and have appealed for witnesses.
The two men are both described as white, with short dark hair and in their 30s. The first was about 6ft tall and wore grey trousers and a blue jacket.
The second wore black trousers and a black top.
Their visit had followed a previous one by another white salesman who was roughly 30 and 5ft 8in tall. He was wearing a blue cap and grey trousers with a dark leather jacket.
Pc Steven Bates, of Witney police, said: “We are appealing for any witnesses that may have seen these men going door to door in the Chipping Norton area or any suspicious behavior or activity.”
Call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech