AN ELDERLY man was swindled by two conmen in Chipping Norton.
He was visited by the men at his home in West Street at about 4pm last Monday.
The conmen posed as cleaning products salesman before entering the man’s home and stealing cash from his kitchen, as well as his passport.
Police are investigating and have appealed for witnesses.
The two men are both described as white, with short dark hair and in their 30s. The first was about 6ft tall and wore grey trousers and a blue jacket.
The second wore black trousers and a black top.
Their visit had followed a previous one by another white salesman who was roughly 30 and 5ft 8in tall. He was wearing a blue cap and grey trousers with a dark leather jacket.
Pc Steven Bates, of Witney police, said: “We are appealing for any witnesses that may have seen these men going door to door in the Chipping Norton area or any suspicious behavior or activity.”
Call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes