A new Aldi supermarket in Didcot has been given the go-ahead.
The German chain was given permission by South Oxfordshire District Council planning officers on Thursday, seven months after applying.
The shop will be built in Lower Broadway on the site of a foam company warehouse.
The plan sparked objections from residents and businesses who said it would create traffic jams around the Jubilee Way roundabout.
- Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit