MAY might be done and dusted, but that didn’t stop pupils at The Batt Primary School in Witney from celebrating.
The school held its annual May dancing event on Church Green.
As part of the festivities, 11-year-old pupil Penny Oyedoh was chosen as the Corn Street school’s May Queen.
She said: “I had a nice time. It was fun being the May Queen.
“I had to take flowers from people and watch the May dancing.”
A maypole was erected on the green for the youngsters to dance around.
The annual event, which was held on Thursday afternoon, was organised in conjunction with St Mary’s Infant School, in Church Green.
- Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay