MAY might be done and dusted, but that didn’t stop pupils at The Batt Primary School in Witney from celebrating.
The school held its annual May dancing event on Church Green.
As part of the festivities, 11-year-old pupil Penny Oyedoh was chosen as the Corn Street school’s May Queen.
She said: “I had a nice time. It was fun being the May Queen.
“I had to take flowers from people and watch the May dancing.”
A maypole was erected on the green for the youngsters to dance around.
The annual event, which was held on Thursday afternoon, was organised in conjunction with St Mary’s Infant School, in Church Green.
- Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes