MAY might be done and dusted, but that didn’t stop pupils at The Batt Primary School in Witney from celebrating.
The school held its annual May dancing event on Church Green.
As part of the festivities, 11-year-old pupil Penny Oyedoh was chosen as the Corn Street school’s May Queen.
She said: “I had a nice time. It was fun being the May Queen.
“I had to take flowers from people and watch the May dancing.”
A maypole was erected on the green for the youngsters to dance around.
The annual event, which was held on Thursday afternoon, was organised in conjunction with St Mary’s Infant School, in Church Green.
- Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community