THE sister of a father-to-be found hanging has told an inquest she cannot understand why he took his own life.
Georgia Burke, who discovered Jordan Burke, also known as Jordan Girling, in the back garden of their home in Forge Place, Fritwell, on February 17, said in a statement read in court: “We had no idea why he did this. On Sunday evening he was fine, he was in a good mood.
“Jordan and I were very close and I’m sure if he was worried about something he would have told me.”
Oxfordshire’s Coroners Court heard that the apprentice thatcher’s girlfriend Demi Nolan was 16 weeks’ pregnant at the time.
Miss Dolan said he had been “excited but scared” about becoming a father but seemed his normal self in the days leading up to his death.
The inquest was told Mr Burke had been watching TV with his family the night before.
The next morning at 7am he sent a link to a Michael Jackson song on Facebook to Miss Nolan, which she admitted was strange because it was not a song he had ever played to her.
An hour later he was found hanging.
Coroner Darren Salter recorded a verdict of suicide but said it was a surprise to his family as he did not leave a note or express any problems with his life.
He said: “It’s certainly surprising in the sense that there was no documented mental health issues or anything indicating what he intended to do.”
Our top stories:
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK