The Queen's Baton has arrived in Oxford as part of its relay ahead of the XX Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
Under glorious sunshine, loud cheers greeted the Queen's baton as it arrived in the city.
It was greeted by hundreds of children at the Cutteslowe and Sunnymeade Park.
Bearers Simon Price, Ian Warland, Johnny Pemberton and Juliet Field, all community and sporting heroes, carried the Baton before the start of the Cutteslowe Summer Festival in Sunnymead Park.
Hundreds of schoolchildren were there to see the Baton arrive and enjoy the festival.
Among the activities children could get involved with on the day was the English and Wales Cricket Board's Cricket Factory.
The stand, in conjunction with Oxfordshire Cricket, had three different cricket challenges to get youngsters interested in the summer sport.
The Baton has been on an epic tour of the Commonwealth since the relay began at Buckingham Palace in October. The Queen's message calls on the athletes of the Commonwealth to Glasgow for the start of the Games.
Over the past seven months it has travelled to 70 Commonwealth nations and territories.
The Games run from July 23 to August 3.
- Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES