This spring was the fourth hottest on record in Oxfordshire.
The average temperature from March 1 to May 31 was 10.06C.
The hottest on record was 10.5C in 2011.
However, this year’s Banbury and District Show, due to take place on Sunday, has been cancelled after last week’s torrential rain prompted safety concerns.
Chairman of the general services committee, Colin Clarke, said: “Underfoot conditions in the park are poor.”
Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes