This spring was the fourth hottest on record in Oxfordshire.
The average temperature from March 1 to May 31 was 10.06C.
The hottest on record was 10.5C in 2011.
However, this year’s Banbury and District Show, due to take place on Sunday, has been cancelled after last week’s torrential rain prompted safety concerns.
Chairman of the general services committee, Colin Clarke, said: “Underfoot conditions in the park are poor.”
Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community