This spring was the fourth hottest on record in Oxfordshire.
The average temperature from March 1 to May 31 was 10.06C.
The hottest on record was 10.5C in 2011.
However, this year’s Banbury and District Show, due to take place on Sunday, has been cancelled after last week’s torrential rain prompted safety concerns.
Chairman of the general services committee, Colin Clarke, said: “Underfoot conditions in the park are poor.”
Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech