This spring was the fourth hottest on record in Oxfordshire.
The average temperature from March 1 to May 31 was 10.06C.
The hottest on record was 10.5C in 2011.
However, this year’s Banbury and District Show, due to take place on Sunday, has been cancelled after last week’s torrential rain prompted safety concerns.
Chairman of the general services committee, Colin Clarke, said: “Underfoot conditions in the park are poor.”
Our top stories:
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay