ACTORS have jealously got to grips with a modern adaptation of Shakespeare’s tragedy Othello.
Laura Cassells, 25, from Woodstock, plays the heroine Desdemona. She said: “It has been interesting because we basically changed her character from the original Shakespeare play. She is a bit more feisty and not quite as naive. There’s three of us sharing the role. We just try and have fun as well as focus on the play.”
Danny Parsons, 35, from Yarnton, stars as Othello. He said: “It is amazing. It is the first Shakespeare play I have performed in and Othello is a really big challenge.”
The play runs from tomorrow to Saturday, June 14. Tickets are £13 for adults or £11 for concessions.
• Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech