ACTORS have jealously got to grips with a modern adaptation of Shakespeare’s tragedy Othello.
Laura Cassells, 25, from Woodstock, plays the heroine Desdemona. She said: “It has been interesting because we basically changed her character from the original Shakespeare play. She is a bit more feisty and not quite as naive. There’s three of us sharing the role. We just try and have fun as well as focus on the play.”
Danny Parsons, 35, from Yarnton, stars as Othello. He said: “It is amazing. It is the first Shakespeare play I have performed in and Othello is a really big challenge.”
The play runs from tomorrow to Saturday, June 14. Tickets are £13 for adults or £11 for concessions.
• Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon