ACTORS have jealously got to grips with a modern adaptation of Shakespeare’s tragedy Othello.
Laura Cassells, 25, from Woodstock, plays the heroine Desdemona. She said: “It has been interesting because we basically changed her character from the original Shakespeare play. She is a bit more feisty and not quite as naive. There’s three of us sharing the role. We just try and have fun as well as focus on the play.”
Danny Parsons, 35, from Yarnton, stars as Othello. He said: “It is amazing. It is the first Shakespeare play I have performed in and Othello is a really big challenge.”
The play runs from tomorrow to Saturday, June 14. Tickets are £13 for adults or £11 for concessions.
• Our top stories:
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK