FAITH communities from across Oxford are preparing to walk through the city together in a show of unity.
The event next Thursday, organised by the Oxford Council of Faiths, will start at 6.15pm outside the Oxford Synagogue in Richmond Road.
It is open to people of all faiths.
Co-organiser Penny Faust said: “It is a good way for faiths to get together and do something to show solidarity for one another.”
The route goes via the University Church of St Mary the Virgin, in High Street, before arriving at the Central Mosque in Manzil Way.
Mrs Faust added: “The walk can change people’s perspectives of one another, it is all about respect for other people and their beliefs.”
Refreshments will be available at the synagogue and St Mary’s and a free meal will be provided at the mosque.
The Oxford Council of Faiths and the South East England Faith Forum are sponsoring the event.
For more information, visit oxcof.org.uk
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year