FAITH communities from across Oxford are preparing to walk through the city together in a show of unity.
The event next Thursday, organised by the Oxford Council of Faiths, will start at 6.15pm outside the Oxford Synagogue in Richmond Road.
It is open to people of all faiths.
Co-organiser Penny Faust said: “It is a good way for faiths to get together and do something to show solidarity for one another.”
The route goes via the University Church of St Mary the Virgin, in High Street, before arriving at the Central Mosque in Manzil Way.
Mrs Faust added: “The walk can change people’s perspectives of one another, it is all about respect for other people and their beliefs.”
Refreshments will be available at the synagogue and St Mary’s and a free meal will be provided at the mosque.
The Oxford Council of Faiths and the South East England Faith Forum are sponsoring the event.
For more information, visit oxcof.org.uk
Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes