A DRIVER was taken to hospital on Monday after driving his car into an Abingdon wall.
The red Vauxhall Astra car caused substantial damage to the Ock Street structure at about 8.15pm, which has had to be demolished.
It was next to a block of flats, but no one else was injured. The driver was taken to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford afterwards.
Police have appealed for witnesses. Those with information should call the non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother
- Adam says yes after reading girlfriend's Leap Day proposal on the Oxford Mail website