A 21-YEAR-OLD man has been jailed for 14 years after he was convicted of rape and engaging in sexual activity with a child.
Omid Ali, of James Wolfe Road, Oxford, was also sentenced for inciting a child to engage in sexual activity with others.
Passing sentence yesterday at Oxford Crown Court, Judge Gordon Risius said the abuse had started in 2011 when the girl was aged 14 and continued until 2012.
- Wednesday update: Judge lambasts police for "lamentable failure" over Omid Ali because they dropped the victim's original complaint
He said the defendant used threats to convince his victim to have sex with two of his friends, neither of whom have been tried.
Judge Risius told Ali: “You treated her with contempt, as an object for your own sexual gratification, knowing her true age, and taking advantage of her immaturity.” He added the effect of his “outrageous behaviour” was that the girl kept quiet for some time, before eventually reporting the abuse, leading to his arrest in November last year.
Judge Risius said he would also have to pay a £120 victims’ surcharge.
Ali will also be on the sex offenders’ register indefinitely.
Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit