A 21-YEAR-OLD man has been jailed for 14 years after he was convicted of rape and engaging in sexual activity with a child.
Omid Ali, of James Wolfe Road, Oxford, was also sentenced for inciting a child to engage in sexual activity with others.
Passing sentence yesterday at Oxford Crown Court, Judge Gordon Risius said the abuse had started in 2011 when the girl was aged 14 and continued until 2012.
- Wednesday update: Judge lambasts police for "lamentable failure" over Omid Ali because they dropped the victim's original complaint
He said the defendant used threats to convince his victim to have sex with two of his friends, neither of whom have been tried.
Judge Risius told Ali: “You treated her with contempt, as an object for your own sexual gratification, knowing her true age, and taking advantage of her immaturity.” He added the effect of his “outrageous behaviour” was that the girl kept quiet for some time, before eventually reporting the abuse, leading to his arrest in November last year.
Judge Risius said he would also have to pay a £120 victims’ surcharge.
Ali will also be on the sex offenders’ register indefinitely.
Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech