THE jury has gone out in the trial of a man accused of eight counts of rape in Oxford.
Lewyn Rudge, 26, of Valentia Road, Headington, denies the charges – as well as five counts of causing actual bodily harm – in relation to two women.
Graham Smith, prosecuting, told Oxford Crown Court the alleged offences took place between August 2008 and January last year.
The jury will continue its deliberations on Monday.
Our top stories:
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech