THE jury has gone out in the trial of a man accused of eight counts of rape in Oxford.
Lewyn Rudge, 26, of Valentia Road, Headington, denies the charges – as well as five counts of causing actual bodily harm – in relation to two women.
Graham Smith, prosecuting, told Oxford Crown Court the alleged offences took place between August 2008 and January last year.
The jury will continue its deliberations on Monday.
Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon