THE jury has gone out in the trial of a man accused of eight counts of rape in Oxford.
Lewyn Rudge, 26, of Valentia Road, Headington, denies the charges – as well as five counts of causing actual bodily harm – in relation to two women.
Graham Smith, prosecuting, told Oxford Crown Court the alleged offences took place between August 2008 and January last year.
The jury will continue its deliberations on Monday.
Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes