OXFORD students have decided that Ben Sullivan should remain as the president of the Oxford Union, refusing to vote on a no confidence motion.
More than 300 students attended the debate on Thursday and voted 254 to 101 to scrap the motion.
The no confidence motion was proposed after Mr Sullivan was arrested on May 6 on suspicion of rape and attempted rape.
He was later released on bail.
Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon