OXFORD students have decided that Ben Sullivan should remain as the president of the Oxford Union, refusing to vote on a no confidence motion.
More than 300 students attended the debate on Thursday and voted 254 to 101 to scrap the motion.
The no confidence motion was proposed after Mr Sullivan was arrested on May 6 on suspicion of rape and attempted rape.
He was later released on bail.
Our top stories:
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival