OXFORD students have decided that Ben Sullivan should remain as the president of the Oxford Union, refusing to vote on a no confidence motion.
More than 300 students attended the debate on Thursday and voted 254 to 101 to scrap the motion.
The no confidence motion was proposed after Mr Sullivan was arrested on May 6 on suspicion of rape and attempted rape.
He was later released on bail.
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year