FANCY a tipple this weekend?
Wine lovers are invited to free tasting sessions and tours of Bothy Vineyard in Frilford Heath, near Abingdon, to mark English Wine Week, which ends on Sunday.
Richard Liwicki, who has owned the five-acre vineyard with his wife Sian for 13 years, said: “It’s about raising awareness of the great wine there is in England. There are a lot of vineyards around and we’re probably all doing something for the occasion.
"We have a loyal customer base and this event reinvigorates what we do a bit to get people through the door.”
The free one-hour tours will be held from 11am to 6pm between Friday and Sunday and visitors can taste a selection of white, red and pink sparkling wines in the shop.
- Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes