FANCY a tipple this weekend?
Wine lovers are invited to free tasting sessions and tours of Bothy Vineyard in Frilford Heath, near Abingdon, to mark English Wine Week, which ends on Sunday.
Richard Liwicki, who has owned the five-acre vineyard with his wife Sian for 13 years, said: “It’s about raising awareness of the great wine there is in England. There are a lot of vineyards around and we’re probably all doing something for the occasion.
"We have a loyal customer base and this event reinvigorates what we do a bit to get people through the door.”
The free one-hour tours will be held from 11am to 6pm between Friday and Sunday and visitors can taste a selection of white, red and pink sparkling wines in the shop.
- Our top stories
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community