VISITORS to Waterperry Gardens are in for surprise this week thanks to the appearance of eight gnomes.
The characters are dotted around the gardens, near Wheatley, in a half-term hunt for children.
Three-year-old Kal Mishra said: “I like their funny faces. I like the gnome’s big boots.
“They’re like mine, but I wouldn’t wear a bobble hat like they do.”
His grandfather Bill Truscott, from Buckingham, said: “We’re regular visitors to the gardens, but we’ve been away for a couple of weeks and it’s amazing to come back and see how much everything has shot up – it’s like a jungle.”
His wife Sandra added said: “It’s beautiful in good weather, but it is worth braving the weather on a less-than-promising day.
“There’s just so much to look at.”
- Our top stories
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon