VISITORS to Waterperry Gardens are in for surprise this week thanks to the appearance of eight gnomes.
The characters are dotted around the gardens, near Wheatley, in a half-term hunt for children.
Three-year-old Kal Mishra said: “I like their funny faces. I like the gnome’s big boots.
“They’re like mine, but I wouldn’t wear a bobble hat like they do.”
His grandfather Bill Truscott, from Buckingham, said: “We’re regular visitors to the gardens, but we’ve been away for a couple of weeks and it’s amazing to come back and see how much everything has shot up – it’s like a jungle.”
His wife Sandra added said: “It’s beautiful in good weather, but it is worth braving the weather on a less-than-promising day.
“There’s just so much to look at.”
- Our top stories
- Kerry Reeves' family 'devastated beyond repair' after losing devoted daughter who had 'everything to live for'
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5