VISITORS to Waterperry Gardens are in for surprise this week thanks to the appearance of eight gnomes.
The characters are dotted around the gardens, near Wheatley, in a half-term hunt for children.
Three-year-old Kal Mishra said: “I like their funny faces. I like the gnome’s big boots.
“They’re like mine, but I wouldn’t wear a bobble hat like they do.”
His grandfather Bill Truscott, from Buckingham, said: “We’re regular visitors to the gardens, but we’ve been away for a couple of weeks and it’s amazing to come back and see how much everything has shot up – it’s like a jungle.”
His wife Sandra added said: “It’s beautiful in good weather, but it is worth braving the weather on a less-than-promising day.
“There’s just so much to look at.”
- Our top stories
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today