THESE musical youngsters were on song to entertain patients at Oxford’s Churchill Hospital.
The performers played selections from Bach, Vivaldi, Seitz, Mancini, Fats Waller and Shearing in the Headington hospital’s cafe.
Violinists Alex Gunasekera, 17, Orchid Harvey, seven and trombonist James Graham, 15.
Trombonist James Graham, 15, from Headington, was accompanied by violinists Alex Gunasekera, 17 and Orchid Harvey, seven.
The pupil at Magdalen College School, Oxford, said: “It was good that they liked it. It felt like a good thing to do, to play in a hospital.”
The musicians took part in the Oxford Music Festival, held at city venues in January and February.
• Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon