THESE musical youngsters were on song to entertain patients at Oxford’s Churchill Hospital.
The performers played selections from Bach, Vivaldi, Seitz, Mancini, Fats Waller and Shearing in the Headington hospital’s cafe.
Violinists Alex Gunasekera, 17, Orchid Harvey, seven and trombonist James Graham, 15.
Trombonist James Graham, 15, from Headington, was accompanied by violinists Alex Gunasekera, 17 and Orchid Harvey, seven.
The pupil at Magdalen College School, Oxford, said: “It was good that they liked it. It felt like a good thing to do, to play in a hospital.”
The musicians took part in the Oxford Music Festival, held at city venues in January and February.
• Our top stories:
- Sexual assaults are denied
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community