A POP-UP coffee shop at a North Oxford church is raising funds for the building it is housed in.
The volunteer-run cafe at St Aloysius’ Church, Woodstock Road, is open every Monday, Tuesday and Friday after Mass, from 10.30am to noon.
It is raising money to pay back a loan used to build the church’s new parish centre, completed last summer.
Volunteer Ann Bailey said: “From a volunteer’s perspective, it is a nice social morning, having a catch-up with other parishioners and anyone else who might want to join in.”
The cafe has now been running for just over a month, and Father Daniel Seward believes it is proving popular. He said: “It takes time to build these things up but it is a pleasant area for people to meet up.”
• Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street