A POP-UP coffee shop at a North Oxford church is raising funds for the building it is housed in.
The volunteer-run cafe at St Aloysius’ Church, Woodstock Road, is open every Monday, Tuesday and Friday after Mass, from 10.30am to noon.
It is raising money to pay back a loan used to build the church’s new parish centre, completed last summer.
Volunteer Ann Bailey said: “From a volunteer’s perspective, it is a nice social morning, having a catch-up with other parishioners and anyone else who might want to join in.”
The cafe has now been running for just over a month, and Father Daniel Seward believes it is proving popular. He said: “It takes time to build these things up but it is a pleasant area for people to meet up.”
• Our top stories:
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today