POLICE yesterday named a man found dead in a city centre flat on Sunday.
Michael Stephen Broadway had been living at the property in South Bridge Row, St Aldate’s, for “several months”, Thames Valley Police said.
The 33-year-old was found by police shortly after 9.15am on Sunday after officers responded to a “report for the fear of welfare of a man”.
A 55-year-old man arrested on Sunday on suspicion of murder remained in custody as the Oxford Mail went to press last night.
A post-mortem took place on Sunday and police said it proved inconclusive, pending further tests.
Det Ch Insp Gill Wootton said there was no danger to the wider community.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555111.
Our top stories:
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot