POLICE yesterday named a man found dead in a city centre flat on Sunday.
Michael Stephen Broadway had been living at the property in South Bridge Row, St Aldate’s, for “several months”, Thames Valley Police said.
The 33-year-old was found by police shortly after 9.15am on Sunday after officers responded to a “report for the fear of welfare of a man”.
A 55-year-old man arrested on Sunday on suspicion of murder remained in custody as the Oxford Mail went to press last night.
A post-mortem took place on Sunday and police said it proved inconclusive, pending further tests.
Det Ch Insp Gill Wootton said there was no danger to the wider community.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555111.
Our top stories:
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother
- Adam says yes after reading girlfriend's Leap Day proposal on the Oxford Mail website