OXFORD’S jammers burst through the French blockers in a roller derby tournament in Blackbird Leys Leisure Centre.
France’s Roller Derby Rennes travelled to Oxford to play Buckinghamshire’s Big Bucks Roller Derby and then Oxford Roller Derby on Saturday.
The French players beat Big Bucks, and were then beaten by 176-175 by Oxford.
Oxford player, therapist Heather ‘Dread Ditto’ Phillips, 28, said: “It was brilliant, a fantastic opportunity to play against a French team.”
The amateur Oxford Roller Derby takes players from 18 onwards, and the team’s oldest player is in her 40s. The team will hold an open day for new members to try the sport out at Blackbird Leys Leisure Centre today from 6pm to 8pm.
Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay