AN independent police watchdog will not investigate Thames Valley Police’s handling of two sex attacks.
The force called in the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) after a sexual assault in Beckley on Thursday, March 20, and an alleged rape near Watlington on Tuesday, April 29.
But the IPCC said Thames Valley Police will review how it investigated the reports.
Christian Perera, 30, has been charged with kidnap and rape following the incident near Watlington.
Perera, of Samphire Road in Blackbird Leys, appeared at Oxford Crown Court on Friday, May 9, and was remanded in custody to appear on Friday, July 25.
- Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation