AN independent police watchdog will not investigate Thames Valley Police’s handling of two sex attacks.
The force called in the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) after a sexual assault in Beckley on Thursday, March 20, and an alleged rape near Watlington on Tuesday, April 29.
But the IPCC said Thames Valley Police will review how it investigated the reports.
Christian Perera, 30, has been charged with kidnap and rape following the incident near Watlington.
Perera, of Samphire Road in Blackbird Leys, appeared at Oxford Crown Court on Friday, May 9, and was remanded in custody to appear on Friday, July 25.
- Our top stories:
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops
- Time-travelling story takes top spot in our Ox Tales competition
- Former Oxford City director Thomas Guerriero pleads guilty to $6.6m fraud
- Police confirm dead baby was newborn and renew desperate appeal to find mother
- Adam says yes after reading girlfriend's Leap Day proposal on the Oxford Mail website
- Council planning new PSPO to tackle illegal boaters in Oxford