A SOLAR farm the size of 75 football pitches is being planned for South Oxfordshire.
The John Phillips Planning Consultancy, based in Hinksey Hill, is planning to build the power plant on 54 hectares of fields behind Monument Business Park in Chalgrove.
The farm is the sixth-biggest planned in the county so far, the largest being a 140-hectare facility already under construction in East Hanney.
In his planning application to South Oxfordshire District Council, John Phillips associate Henry Venners said the farm would stand for 25 years, after which the land could be returned to its agricultural use.
Mr Venners wrote: “The visual impact of the installation is considered to be minimal on initial consideration from local public vantage points given the low-lying nature of the field and its relatively flat nature.’’
The plans, submitted to the council on May 16, can be viewed online now at southoxon.gov.uk The council’s planning department is due to make a decision on the plan by June 6. There is no public consultation currently scheduled.
- Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES