An 89-year-old woman died after choking while being fed at a care home.
Dorothy Rawlings, a retired secretary, was being fed by a carer at the Brookfield Christian Care Home in Greater Leys on May 19 when she suffered swallowing difficulties and began to choke, Oxfordshire Coroners Court heard yesterday.
She died soon after, despite a nurse being called to her assistance.
The medical cause of death was aspiration of food and vomiting.
The inquest was adjourned until September 9 for a full hearing.
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops