A WOMAN told police that a 26-year-old man who faces six charges of rape treated her like a “punch-bag”.
Lewyn Rudge, of Valentia Road, Headington, denies the charges in relation to two women, as well as five charges of causing actual bodily harm to them.
Graham Smith, prosecuting, told Oxford Crown Court yesterday that all the alleged offences took place between April 2009 and January last year.
Mr Smith said that when he was with both the women, Rudge had exhibited “volatile and violent” behaviour, which had culminated in rape and assaults on a number of occasions.
A recording of a police interview with one of Rudge’s alleged victims was played to the jury, in which she claimed he subjected her to violent attacks.
On one occasion the woman said Rudge had bitten her lips, headbutted her, gripped her around the neck and banged her against a wall.
She told detectives: “He’s nuts, a dirty fighter, he would do anything to hurt me. He would take everything out on me – I was his little punch-bag.”
The trial continues.
Our top stories:
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot