THE A40 London Road at Wheatley is closed eastbound due to an overturned vehicle.
Drivers are facing delays and there is queuing traffic on the Eastbound carriageway at B4027.
Police spokeswoman Connie Primmer said: “We were called at 3.50pm to the A40 in Wheatley. It is a single vehicle road traffic collision and it is thought that the vehicle had flipped over.
"The male driver was trapped in the vehicle, but he has since been extracted from the car and is now in the care of the ambulance services. The injuries are not thought to be serious.
“The car was a black BMW.”
Ambulance spokeswoman Michelle Archer said: “We got a call at 3.51pm. We sent a rapid response vehicle, a ambulance crew and an ambulance officer. They were treating one patient who was taken to the John Radcliffe with non life-threatening injuries.”
There is congestion up to the Thornhill Park and Ride at Merewood Avenue.
Due an accident just before Wheatley turn on the A40, our X90 and Airline services travelling towards London and the airports will divert.— Oxford Bus Company (@OxfordBusCo) May 22, 2014
- Updates will be posted on our Live Traffic Service.
Our top stories:
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards