A WEATHER warning remains in place for Oxfordshire today, with heavy rain forecast to sweep in this afternoon.
The Met Office has a yellow warning in place for London and the South East - including Oxfordshire - and the East Midlands, East of England, North West England, South West England, Wales and the West Midlands.
Yellow warnings are the lowest ranking though of its warnings, meaning to be aware.
There is light showers forecast for early this morning, drying up mid-morning.
The light stuff will fall again around lunchtime, with heavy rain or showers following, says the Met Office.
Light showers will then continue through the evening.
And if you're hoping that will be it, unfortunately the forecast for the Bank Holiday weekend is no more encouraging.
Heavy rain and heavy showers are forecast throughout the day on Saturday and light showers on both Sunday and Monday afternoons.
Our top stories:
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower