FARMERS are hoping for a fruitful summer as strawberry season arrives.
The Pick Your Own at Millets Farm in Frilford is to open on Saturday and the juiciest strawberries will be ready to pick in about two weeks.
The farm’s events assistant Kirsty Ebsworth said the strawberries were doing well due to the recent mix of heavy rain and strong sun.
She said: “Our strawberries this year have benefitted from the great British rain we’ve had in March and April, followed by the hot weather this month.
“This means that the fruit is much sweeter and full of flavour and we’ll also have more strawberries for a longer period of time – well into September we expect.”
The Pick Your Own will be open every day from 9am with the last entry at 5pm. The strawberries will cost £4.30 for every kilogram picked.
- Top News
Our top stories:
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her