STADIUM owner Firoz Kassam was one of a run of Oxfordshire names listed as the UK’s wealthiest in the Sunday Times’s Rich List 2014.
The list of 1,000 names also featured former Kidlington resident Sir Richard Branson, who was 23rd richest with an estimated wealth of £3.6bn. The 63-year-old and his wife Joan sold their Kidlington estate for £1.35m to their son, Sam, and daughter, Holly.
Firoz Kassam, owner of Oxford United’s stadium, came in at 367th with £250m. The 59-year-old increased his wealth by £36m last year.
And after the sale of Oxford-based Blackwell Publishing for £576m in 2006, Nigel Blackwell and family is ranked 490th with a wealth of £195m.
The Rich List also said Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich’s ex-wife Irina Malandina – ranked 599th with £155m – had been househunting in the county.
Blenheim Palace’s the Duke of Marlborough is ranked 751th with £120m and Sir Frank Williams, of the Grove-based Williams F1 team, has £106m.
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year
- Tackling cyber-crime and fraud are main priorities for Conservative police commissioner candidate
- Prime Minister says he has no offshore funds following Panama Papers leak
- Traders called on to support this summer's Cowley Road Carnival
- Tributes paid in Witney to former butcher and much-loved member of community
- Successful education scheme from Oxford charity to be rolled out across the UK
- Stunt actor from Oxford meets his match on Take Me Out
- 11 years on, pupils jump for joy over installation of crossing
- Barton gets £4m cash boost to transform estate’s homes and shops