STADIUM owner Firoz Kassam was one of a run of Oxfordshire names listed as the UK’s wealthiest in the Sunday Times’s Rich List 2014.
The list of 1,000 names also featured former Kidlington resident Sir Richard Branson, who was 23rd richest with an estimated wealth of £3.6bn. The 63-year-old and his wife Joan sold their Kidlington estate for £1.35m to their son, Sam, and daughter, Holly.
Firoz Kassam, owner of Oxford United’s stadium, came in at 367th with £250m. The 59-year-old increased his wealth by £36m last year.
And after the sale of Oxford-based Blackwell Publishing for £576m in 2006, Nigel Blackwell and family is ranked 490th with a wealth of £195m.
The Rich List also said Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich’s ex-wife Irina Malandina – ranked 599th with £155m – had been househunting in the county.
Blenheim Palace’s the Duke of Marlborough is ranked 751th with £120m and Sir Frank Williams, of the Grove-based Williams F1 team, has £106m.
Our top stories:
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES
- CLARIFICATION: Hygiene report of Delight 2 in Didcot
- Man 'obsessed' with BBC journalist goes on trial after allegedly breaching restraining order against her
- Families urged to consider signing up for organ donation