A WOMAN who was taken to hospital after a collision with a fire engine has died.
The 79-year-old woman was fatally injured in the crash, which happened on Cowley Road yesterday.
Emergency services were called to the incident, which involved a fire engine on its way to a 3.40pm call-out in Blackbird Leys.
Paramedics took the woman to the John Radcliffe Hospital, where she later died.
- Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES